The entire country is dealing with profound difficulties over the ones raise by COVID-19 virus out of which quarantine and development fall are primary ones. While we are trying to cope with so many complexities there is arising new one at every phase. This time it comes out in the form of fungal infections. Not only this, in fact there are many variants of it that are identified in different parts of the country namely, Black fungus, White fungus, Yellow fungus, Aspergillosis and Cream fungus. There is nothing to panic about it. Like the causes of other skin infection this one too has poor hygiene as its topmost cause.
Following are some methods to keep yourself from such infections:
- First and foremost is avoid getting COVID infection and also avoid contact with ones suffering from it.
- Strengthen the immunity. Take healthy (protein and vitamins rich) diets, exercise, consume ayurvedic juices, and avoid junk food.
- Do not use steroids and discontinue immunomodulating drugs. It hollows your inner strength.
- Those who are in oxygen therapy should ensure that oxygen is well-filtered and not contaminated (such as with unclean water).
- Avoid exposure of skin having cuts and wounds in open, cover them.
- Keep groin region dry.
- Keep in check about the fungal infections of feet and nails.
- Avoid tight clothing.
- Try losing weigh if obese.
- Monitor sugar levels, blood pressure and oxygen levels.
- Intake freshly cooked food including green vegies and remove stale food from the house to prevent the growth of fungus or bacteria.
- A thorough scrubbing is recommended while bathing.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
List of habits you can follow to maintain hygiene:
- Wash your hands, garments, cloth masks, gloves, shoes, socks and mats frequently.
- Keep sanitizing your living and work place more often.
- Change your bed sheets and pillow covers in every week.
- Use antiseptics and disinfectants in cleaning, washing as well as bathing.